In the last of our attempts to beat as many clicks out of the April Arrow Video US release schedule, we are bringing you some awesome news regarding the impending Blu Ray release of The Stuff. If you are not familiar with The Stuff, well why not? Hold on while I search for my professor hat...okay...here we go...
The Stuff is a 1985 Horror/Comedy from the great Larry Cohen. The film stars Cohen fave Michael Moriarty (Return to Salem's Lot), Garrett Morris from "Saturday Night Live" and Paul Sorvino, who you may remember from Repo! The Genetic Opera. To call The Stuff wacky and odd would be an understatement, and we are not great with hyperbole and adjectives so we are going to bow out, get lazy and cut and paste the some "stuff" from the excellent press release. The Stuff hits Blu-Ray on April the 19th.
"Are you eating it ...or is it eating you? The Stuff is the new dessert taking supermarket shelves by storm. It's delicious, low in calories and - better still - doesn't stain the family carpet... What's not to like?! Well, for a start it has a life of its own, and we're not talking friendly live bacteria... Young Jason seems to be the only one who doesn't love The Stuff - in fact he won't go anywhere near it, after having seen the pudding crawling around the fridge one night. What's more, everyone who eats The Stuff has started acting really weird... Now, teaming up with wise-cracking industrial saboteur "Mo", Jason must put a stop to The Stuff and the organisation behind it or face a gooey, gloopy demise. Coming courtesy of horror auteur Larry Cohen (director of the It's Alive series and scribe behind the Maniac Cop trilogy), The Stuff is a titillating treat for the taste-buds which blends elements of films such as Street Trash with the straight-up B-movie flavour of The Blob. So grab a spoon and dig on into The Stuff - the taste that delivers... much more than you bargained for!
- New High Definition restoration of the film from a brand new 2K scan of the original camera negative
- Original stereo 1.0 uncompressed PCM Mono audio
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Can't Get Enough of The Stuff: Making Larry Cohen's Classic Creature Feature - Documentary featuring Larry Cohen, producer Paul Kurta, actress Andrea Marcovicci, Steve Neill (mechanical makeup effects) and Kim Newman
- Introduction and trailer commentary by director and The Stuff fan Darren Bousman (Saw II, Saw III)
- Original Trailer
- Reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
- Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film by Joel Harley, illustrated with original stills and promotional materials"