Arrow Films is up to it again. Earlier today we brought you news of the upcoming release of Brian Yunza's underground social commentary Society, which hits Blu-Ray and DVD on May 19th. Well, now we have the pleasure of letting you know that a film that has few peers when it comes to controversy, Island of Death, will be released one week later on May 26th.
Check out the press release: "Welcome to Mykonos, the holiday destination of choice for sun, sea and slaughter! From cult director Nico Mastorakis, Island of Death is a travelogue of atrocities with scenes so strong that the British Government was once compelled to ban it as a "video nasty".
Shocking, brutal and totally politically incorrect in its outlook, Island of Death is a grueling cinematic experience devised by director Mastorakis to out-do the excesses of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, which he was hugely inspired by. Now fully uncut and newly-restored from the original negative, fans can enjoy Island of Death in all its sleazy, lurid glory."
The Island of Death Special Edition Blu-Ray/DVD Includes:
- Brand new restoration from the original negative
- High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation
- Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing
- Brand new interview with director Nico Mastorakis
- The Films of Nico Mastorakis - the director hosts this documentary covering his varied career in cinema, including a look at Island of Death
- Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Graham Humphreys
- Collector's booklet featuring new writing on the film, illustrated with original archive stills and posters